1. Step 1: Blame yourself.
2. Step 2: Realize gay marriage is inevitable. Statistics show people’s views are rapidly changing on the issue.
3. Step 3: Imagine how stupid you’ll look in 40 years.
5. Step 4: Listen to Louis CK.
6. Step 5: Let go of the idea that same-sex marriage is ruining the sanctity of marriage argument.
7. Step 6: Take a closer look at the Bible.
Unfortunately Ed passed away in December. He was never able to marry Derrence.
11. Step 8: Take a look at the people in your own life. How many couples do you know that have stayed together as long as these couples?
Maureen and Cindy have been together for 37 years. They live in New Jersey with their 2 children. They cannot get married.
Kathy Glass and Carmah Lawler have been together for over 30 years and are from Colorado. “Kathy has a way of being able to laugh at almost anything even though at our age there aren’t that many things to laugh about,” says Carmah.
Lee & Bert have been together for over 25 years. They live in Illinois. Recently, Bert had a heart attack and Lee and wasn’t allowed in the emergency room because they weren’t married. Lee had to tell the nurse his marital status was single even though he had been with his partner for 25 years.
14. Step 9: Imagine their wedding.
15. Step 10: Look how happy these people are.
27. Come on, seriously.
28. Step 11: Ask yourself if you could say no to these kids?
31. Step 12: Ask yourself if you could say no to Neil Patrick Harris?
32. Step 13: Look at the consequences.
33. Step 14: Imagine the alternatives.
- Donald Trump's campaign chief Stephen Bannon said "he doesn't like Jews," according to his ex-wife.
- Facebook shifts to algorithms to decide which stories to highlight in its trending news section after allegations of liberal bias at the company.
- Far-right protesters climbed Berlin's famous Brandenburg Gate to protest against refugees. About 1.1 million asylum-seekers arrived in Germany last year.