According to a press release from The American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists:
The strip is applied directly to the burned part of the tongue, cheek or roof of the mouth. It sticks to the affected area and won’t interfere with normal day-to-day activities, as it quickly dissolves for instant pain relief and promotes healing.
“We found these strips to be non-toxic, which has huge potential for anyone who burns their mouth while eating and drinking hot foods—and that’s just about everyone,” said lead researcher Jason McConville. “The strips look and behave similar to breath freshening strips that you might find at your local drugstore.”
The strips haven’t been tested on humans, so they’re going to do that next. They’re also going to start treating on burns that last more than 2 or 3 days.
4. NEVER AGAIN, HOT POCKETS.
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- EU leaders gathered for talks and agreed they want Britain to leave "as soon as possible."
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.