3. Leonardo DiCaprio was originally offered the role of Max Denninson in ‘Hocus Pocus,’ but he turned it down for ‘What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?’
4. Robert Deniro was considered for the role of Jack in ‘The Shining,’ but Stanley Kubrick thought he wasn’t psychotic enough after watching ‘Taxi Driver.’
5. Robin Williams was also considered for the role of Jack in ‘The Shining,’ but Stanley Kubrick thought he was too psychotic after watching ‘Mork and Mindy.’
6. The original title for ‘Halloween’ was:
This one wasn’t chosen was because the filmmakers wanted the story to take place in one night for budget reasons.
7. ‘Scream’ was at one time called:
8. At one time ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ was called:
9. ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ was filmed in chronological order.
10. The barf used in ‘The Exorcist’ was actually Andersen’s Pea Soup. They tried Campbell soup was they didn’t like the way it looked.
11. Drew Barrymore auditioned for the role of Carol Anne in ‘Poltergeist’, but Steven Spielberg wanted someone more “angelic.” Drew’s ‘Poltergeist’ audition led to her casting in ‘E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial,’ though.
12. Tom Cruise was offered the role of Edward Scissorhands.
13. He turned it down because he wanted a happier ending.
14. Nick Carter is actually in the movie ‘Edward Scissorhands.’ He’s in a scene where Edward is being driven around town.
15. Audrey Hepburn was the favorite to play the mom in ‘The Excorist,’ but she turned it down because she would only take the role if the movie was filmed in Rome.
16. The movie ‘Final Destination’ is actually based on a rejected ‘X-Files’ episode.
17. Rachel True was almost 30 in ‘The Craft.’ She played a high schooler.
18. Fairuza Balk is actually a Wiccan in real life.
19. Jack Nicholson was considered for the role of Hannibal Lecter in ‘Silence Of The Lambs.’
20. Church, the cat in ‘Pet Sematary,’ was actually played by seven different cats.
Each cat was trained to do a specific trick.
21. The killer’s robe in ‘Scream’ was originally supposed to be white. The directors changed it to black because they were afraid it looked too similar a KKK robe.
22. It took eight days to shoot ‘The Blair Witch Project’ and eight months to edit it. The movie cost $22,000 to make and made over $240 million.
23. ‘Saw’ was filmed in only 18 days.
24. Brad Pitt was considered for the role of Ichabod Crane in ‘Sleepy Hollow.’
25. Malakai’s name in Stephen King’s version of ‘Children Of The Corn’ was Craig.
26. The cocoons in ‘Silence Of The Lambs’ were made of tootsie rolls and gummy bears.
27. In real life, Sissy Spacek was voted homecoming queen.
28. Jennifer Love Hewitt was offered the role of the mom in ‘The Ring,’ but she turned it down.
29. Pennywise’s hair in ‘It’ was Tim Curry’s real hair.
30. ‘Paranormal Activity’ was Oren Peli’s directorial debut. He changed the ending because Stephen Spielberg told him to.
31. Rosie O’Donnell was offered the role of Mary Sanderson in ‘Hocus Pocus,’ but she turned it down because she didn’t want to be a “scary witch.”
32. ‘Sleepy Hollow’ and ‘Bringing Out The Dead’ were the last two movies ever to be put on LaserDisc.
33. The words “Elm Street” are not said once in the original ‘Nightmare On Elm Street.’
34. Bosco chocolate syrup was used as “blood” in ‘Night Of The Living Dead.’
All facts are from IMDB unless otherwise noted underneath each list item.
- A newly unearthed Homeland Security report contradicts Donald Trump's travel ban, saying country of origin is not a reliable indicator of terrorism.
- The White House blocked several media outlets it's been critical of, including BuzzFeed, from a closed-door briefing by press secretary Sean Spicer.
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.