Background: Alex Winston is a 26-year-old from Detroit (but now lives in Brooklyn) who is a truly awesome singer/songwriter/everything. She’s probably one of the most underrated pop artists out there right now.
1. The first song you should listen to by Alex Winston is “Velvet Elvis.” It’s what I like to call “a bop.”
2. Then you should listen to the song “Sister Wife”
3. If you already don’t trust me, then maybe you’ll trust The Guardian because they are a newspaper and you’re the person who only trusts newspapers. They said “Sister Wife”, “seems sickly sweet on the surface but, like all good pop, hides a dark core.” That’s legit!
4. Then watch the “Sister Wife” video. There is a blood spitting stuffed cat. Really.
5. Now for some “Choice Notes”. Listen below. Also the video is cool.
6. Another cool thing about Alex is that she plays guitar.
7. She’s good at Halloween.
9. And appreciates true cinematic classics.
10. Moving onto her flawless album, King Con.
11. Listen to “Fire Ant.”
18. “Locomotive” may also be your favorite. The live version below is especially great.
22. Ohhh, and this basement cover of Femme’s “Heartbeat,”
Sooo, now that you’re a fan, if you’re in New York, Alex is playing a show on Saturday May 31 at Le Poisson Rouge. You can get tickets here!
- President Trump has given House Republicans an ultimatum: Pass their health care bill Friday or he'll move on to other issues.
- The Republican health care bill is "anti-woman," said the president of Planned Parenthood, whose organization would be defunded by the legislation.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.
- Donald Trump had a photo op in a semitruck. The photos were too good not to become a meme — and the internet delivered 🚛👍