When you see pictures of Detroit you’re usually bombarded with images of broken-down houses and abandoned buildings.
But it’s not all like that. There are good things happening and buildings are being repurposed, built, and re-used.
4. Grand Army of the Republic Building Then
6. Hotel Fort Shelby Then
7. Hotel Fort Shelby Now
Opened in 1917, closed in the 1980s, and vacant since 1998, Hotel Fort Shelby was restored in 2008 by DoubleTree Suites.
10. The Book-Cadillac Hotel Then
11. The Book-Cadillac Hotel Now
Built in 1917, the Book-Cadillac Hotel was mostly open until the mid-’80s. In the late 2000s the building was gut renovated and today stands as a Westin Hotel.
18. The Outside Of The Third Precinct Police Station Then
19. The Outside Of The Third Precinct Police Station Now
30. 111 Clairmount Street Then
31. 111 Clairmount Street Now
Correction: The Dequindre Cut Greenway was switched. Thanks for pointing that out in the comments. I love you all.
- Donald Trump accused former Miss Universe Alicia Machado of being in a sex tape, calling her "disgusting." He's appeared in a softcore porn.
- The hair vitamins promoted by the Kardashians make "largely inaccurate" nutrient claims, according to lab tests.
- In a newly released video deposition, Trump implied he planned to call Mexicans "rapists" when he announced his presidential run.