2. Candy corn was originally called “Chicken Feed.”
3. The Powerpuff Girls were originally called the “Whoopass Girls.”
5. SpongeBob was originally called “Spongeboy.” They couldn’t use that name because it was copyrighted by a mop company.
8. Pinecones were originally called “pine apples.” When explorers discovered pineapples in the Americas they called them “pineapples” because they looked like pine cones, and at the time “apple” was used to describe a variety of fruits.
9. Coldplay was originally named “Starfish.”
10. Maroon 5 was originally named “Kara’s Flowers.”
12. Google was originally called “BackRub.”
13. Mickey Mouse was originally “Mortimer.” Walt Disney’s wife hated the name, so he changed it.
14. Hermione Granger’s name was supposed to be “Hermione Puckle.”
16. Yahoo was originally called “Jerry’s guide to the world wide web.” It was basically just a collection of this guy named Jerry’s favorite links and golf scores.
19. Cotton candy was originally called “fairy floss.” It made its US debut in St. Louis at the world’s fair in1904. It started being referred to as “cotton candy” in the 1920s.
20. The White House was at one time called the “President’s Palace.”
23. Buzz Lightyear was originally named “Lunar Larry.”
24. Best Buy was originally named “Sound of Music.”
28. Bank of America was originally called “Bank of Italy.” The Bank of Italy was created by A.P. Giannini for the Italian working class in the North Beach district of San Francisco. Eventually, after it expanded, it was renamed Bank of America.
30. The Hawaiian Islands were originally called the “Sandwich Islands.” Explorer James Cook named them after the Earl of Sandwich.
31. Eggo waffles were originally called “Froffles” — a combination of “frozen” and “waffles.” The name was changed after customers started calling them “Eggos” because of their egg flavor.
32. Ralph Lauren’s birth name was Ralph Lifshitz. He changed it when he was a teenager because it had the word “shit” in it. He chose the name Lauren since his cousins who lived in California had changed their name to “Lawrence” — and he thought “Lauren” was a nice name.
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.