According to the Shelby Star:
Gary Allen Banning, 43, died at 5:53 a.m. Tuesday at the UNC Burn Center in Chapel Hill after the incident Monday night, according to Havelock police.
A series of different events Monday led to Banning’s death. Earlier in the day, Banning accidentally drank from a jar that contained gasoline and spit it out, getting it on his clothes, according to Havelock police. He did not change his clothes, and later in the evening went to light a cigarette, catching his clothes and himself on fire.
“It was just a freak incident,” said W.K. Preslar, investigator with the Havelock Police Department.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- A couple recently celebrated their engagement with a "La La Land" inspired photo shoot, and it's pretty cute 💍📷