Never Drink Gasoline And Then Smoke A Cigarette

Learn from this.

According to the Shelby Star:

Gary Allen Banning, 43, died at 5:53 a.m. Tuesday at the UNC Burn Center in Chapel Hill after the incident Monday night, according to Havelock police.

A series of different events Monday led to Banning’s death. Earlier in the day, Banning accidentally drank from a jar that contained gasoline and spit it out, getting it on his clothes, according to Havelock police. He did not change his clothes, and later in the evening went to light a cigarette, catching his clothes and himself on fire.

“It was just a freak incident,” said W.K. Preslar, investigator with the Havelock Police Department.

Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!

 
  Your Reaction?
  REACT WITH GIF
 

    Starting soon, you'll only be able to post a comment on BuzzFeed using a Facebook account or via our app. If you have questions or thoughts, email us here.

    Hot Buzz

    This Woman’s Divine Maternity Shoot Shuts Down The Stigma Surrounding Baby Bumps

    21 Soothing Items Every Insomniac Needs

    Now Buzzing