Last night, Michele Bachmann hosted a Countdown to Caucus event at her headquarters in Urbandale, Iowa. She spoke for about a minute and then they played “Hey Soul Sister” 3 times in a row.
“We are going to see a miracle tomorrow because we know the one that makes them!” - Michele
There were a bunch of families there.
6. And into the headquarters I go…
This is the first thing you see when go inside, it’s a giant secure our borders signed bill.
And then you walk towards the giant Michele Bachmann painting.
The same guy who was at the Rick Santorum events a couple days before with his book “The New Democrat” was at this rally. I’m pretty sure he sold more books at this stop than any Rick Santorum event combined.
In the back there was one TV playing Fox News.
There were a dozen or so little offices. This picture was taped up on one.
There were some really nice kids from a college in Oklahoma working on some computers.
These banners were draped all over.
There were a bunch of things taped on the wall.
There was pizza and BBQ chips.
Also an iPad.
There were probably about 30 people hanging out inside.
I overheard someone say: “We have a lot of courts trying to institute Sharia Law. They stoned a woman in Toronto and didn’t do anything about it.”
They used a bunch of pre-paid cellphones to make their phone calls to prospective voters.
Here’s a Michele Bachmann call sheet.
“I haven’t had my coffee yet don’t make me kill you”
And last but not least, here’s a picture of one of the kids checking out BuzzFeed!
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 24. Officials still need to search 80% of the building.
- After deciding to end her request for a statewide recount in Pennsylvania, Jill Stein announced she plans to take the issue to federal court Monday.
- Thousands holding flags gathered in Cuba Saturday night to remember the life of Fidel Castro. His burial took place on Sunday.
- "Saturday Night Live" spoofed Donald Trump retweeting weird people, just like the real president-elect 📱😂