Fatima Al Himidi, the woman’s 17-year-old daughter, told 10 News San Diego:
“A week ago they left a letter saying this is our country not yours you terrorist, and so my mom ignored that thinking it was just kids playing a prank. But the day they hit her, they left another note again, and it said the same thing.”
4. This interview with her daughter is heartbreaking:
According to the AFP, the family reportedly came to the United States from Iraq in the mid-1990s.
A group on Facebook called One Million Hijabs for Shaima Alawadi has been launched in her honor.
- Jury deadlocked in trial of Michael Slager, former South Carolina police officer charged with murder for fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- Donald Trump and his supporters have filed lawsuits to stop Jill Stein's vote recount in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.
- Facebook scammers are profiting from pipeline protesters at Standing Rock by stealing Native American artwork.
- Mall of America, the largest mall in the country, is hosting its first ever black Santa 🎅🏿