Fatima Al Himidi, the woman’s 17-year-old daughter, told 10 News San Diego:
“A week ago they left a letter saying this is our country not yours you terrorist, and so my mom ignored that thinking it was just kids playing a prank. But the day they hit her, they left another note again, and it said the same thing.”
4. This interview with her daughter is heartbreaking:
According to the AFP, the family reportedly came to the United States from Iraq in the mid-1990s.
A group on Facebook called One Million Hijabs for Shaima Alawadi has been launched in her honor.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Trump supporters haranguing the press at rallies has become routine. Now, the alt-right has adopted an old Nazi term to describe reporters.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange.
- Girl Scout cookies for breakfast: General Mills says a cereal will be released in January 😋