Fatima Al Himidi, the woman’s 17-year-old daughter, told 10 News San Diego:
“A week ago they left a letter saying this is our country not yours you terrorist, and so my mom ignored that thinking it was just kids playing a prank. But the day they hit her, they left another note again, and it said the same thing.”
4. This interview with her daughter is heartbreaking:
According to the AFP, the family reportedly came to the United States from Iraq in the mid-1990s.
A group on Facebook called One Million Hijabs for Shaima Alawadi has been launched in her honor.
- It's Inauguration Day — Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America at 12 p.m. ET 🇺🇸
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌