Fatima Al Himidi, the woman’s 17-year-old daughter, told 10 News San Diego:
“A week ago they left a letter saying this is our country not yours you terrorist, and so my mom ignored that thinking it was just kids playing a prank. But the day they hit her, they left another note again, and it said the same thing.”
4. This interview with her daughter is heartbreaking:
According to the AFP, the family reportedly came to the United States from Iraq in the mid-1990s.
A group on Facebook called One Million Hijabs for Shaima Alawadi has been launched in her honor.
- The FBI is investigating Hillary Clinton's private email server after it found new Clinton-related emails while looking into Anthony Weiner's sexting.
- An American Airlines plane caught on fire on the runway Friday afternoon at Chicago's O'Hare airport.
- Russia has been blocked from serving on the UN Human Rights Council in a surprising vote.
- A woman's 85-year-old grandpa was the flower girl at her wedding ❤️