1. People are wondering…
5. Welp, she hasn’t been hiding.
6. For three years now, Kesha’s been stuck in legal turmoil that is basically preventing her to release new music on her own accord, without producer Dr. Luke. Problem is, Kesha claims she was sexually abused by him.
7. It’s all so fucked up.
8. Here’s a short version of Kesha’s lawsuit against her record label as reported by BuzzFeed News:
Last October, Kesha filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles accusing Dr. Luke of sexual assault, battery, and sexual harassment. In that lawsuit, she claims that Dr. Luke verbally and physically abused her during the years they worked together and that he gave her GHB and subsequently raped her when she was unconscious. Kesha also alleges Dr. Luke harassed her about her weight, calling her a “fat fucking refrigerator.”
9. Dr. Luke has filed his own suit for breach of contract and defamation.
10. Kesha says the situation is dire. She claims that if she’s not able to release new music now then her career is effectively over. BuzzFeed News reports:
“Kesha Rose Sebert wants nothing more than to be able to record an album,” her court papers state. “Her only condition is that she be allowed to record with a record label that is not affiliated with someone who has emotionally and sexually abused her.”
14. Kesha also posted a video of her singing “Amazing Grace” because she can’t post any new music:
16. I think we can all agree, whether you like her or not, the situation is just really fucked up.
18. *Crosses fingers*
20. Good vibes and good thoughts, people!
21. Update: The decision has been postponed until February 19 because of the shitty New York weather.
24. Good thoughts until then!
February 19 can’t come soon enough!
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.