1. Daft Punk as you know them…
2. …wearing their kind of terrifying futuristic robot masks.
3. And here they are eerily standing behind Taylor Swift.
4. BUT HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHY? (aka you haven’t bothered to google it).
In an interview with canoe.ca, one-half of Daft Punk, Thomas Bangalter, said:
“We don’t believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise.”
6. And now, if you haven’t seen, here they are without masks.
Note: FYI, there was a picture featuring half of the face of someone who appeared to be Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo. It was not. That photo has been taken down.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Trump supporters haranguing the press at rallies has become routine. Now, the alt-right has adopted an old Nazi term to describe reporters.
- Jay Z is holding a concert for Clinton in Ohio aimed at mobilizing a group she's struggled to excite: black voters. 🎤
- Girl Scout cookies for breakfast: General Mills says a cereal will be released in January 😋