According to CNN:
Daniel Zamudio, a 24-year-old form Chile, was murdered by a group of Neo Nazis because he was a gay.
His attackers beat him for an hour, burned him with cigarettes and carved Nazi symbols on his body.
Four men have been arrested.
3. Here are some pictures from his funeral:
Hundreds of people lined the streets for his memorial.
Chilean President Sebastian Pinera addressed the incident this week, he said:
“We want to reiterate today that we have made a commitment. We are not going to tolerate any kind of discrimination against Chilean citizens based on their socioeconomic status, their religion or sexual orientation.”
The United Nations has even added its call for passage of an anti-discrimination law.
“We deplore the violent criminal act that took the life of this young man and urge the Chilean Congress to pass a law against discrimination, including on grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity, in full compliance with relevant international human rights standards,” said Rupert Colville, a spokesman for the U.N. high commissioner for human rights.
- The top Democrat in Washington, Chuck Schumer, says New York City shouldn't pay for Trump's security, he told BuzzFeed News.
- Today is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total disaster — and it's shows how insane and competitive the industry has become 😱
- The story of two lesbian Chinese billionaires who got married and became the richest couple alive has gone viral, but it's fake ❌