6. George Zimmerman has a violent past yet was still allowed to WALK AROUND FREELY WITH A GUN.
Zimmerman had a previous charge in 2005 of battery on a police officer while interfering with the arrest of a friend. His ex-girlfriend had also filed a restraining order on him for domestic abuse. For some reason, he was ALLOWED TO WALK AROUND FREELY WITH A GUN.
8. When the “stand your ground” law was passed, critics said it could encourage racially motivated killings and promote deadly escalations of arguments.
“All this bill will do is sell more guns and possibly turn Florida into the OK Corral,” said Democratic state Rep. Irv Slosberg of Boca Raton in 2005.
- Pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen have topped France's 1st round for president. They face off in 2 weeks 🇫🇷
- After days of deadly riots, Venezuela's president threatened protesters in a bizarre video — while playing catch.
- A recent report found that 6 of the largest soft drinks companies, excluding Coca-Cola, use a combined average of just 6.6% recycled plastic.
- A fan of K-Pop group BTS reimagined the 7-members within the world of Harry Potter and it's magical ✨