6. George Zimmerman has a violent past yet was still allowed to WALK AROUND FREELY WITH A GUN.
Zimmerman had a previous charge in 2005 of battery on a police officer while interfering with the arrest of a friend. His ex-girlfriend had also filed a restraining order on him for domestic abuse. For some reason, he was ALLOWED TO WALK AROUND FREELY WITH A GUN.
8. When the “stand your ground” law was passed, critics said it could encourage racially motivated killings and promote deadly escalations of arguments.
“All this bill will do is sell more guns and possibly turn Florida into the OK Corral,” said Democratic state Rep. Irv Slosberg of Boca Raton in 2005.
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- President Trump addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, where he lashed out at the media and defended his agenda.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.