Yesterday was one of the very few days this season when it was exciting to be a New York Mets fan. Not only did they win both games of a double-header against the division leading Atlanta Braves, but the winning pitchers were Matt Harvey and Zack Wheeler.
The two young power pitchers are considered among the most promising in Major League Baseball and they proved why at Turner Field yesterday. While Harvey struck out a career high 13 batters and had a no-hitter into the 7th inning, last night’s true star was Wheeler, who earned the win while striking out seven and not allowing a run in his major league debut.
After getting his career off to a hot start, the stud prospect cooled off with a sultry suds-filled shower on the field.
Never has bathing in Budweiser looked so damn good.
10. Welcome to the league, meat.
- Fyre Festival — organized by Ja Rule and billed as a luxury event — has turned into a total shitshow and people are livid 💸😱
- We've compiled an extensive (but not exhaustive) list of lies, exaggerations, and bullshit from Trump's first 100 days in office 💯
- The new leader of Marine Le Pen's National Front party in France has stepped down amid accusations of Holocaust denial.
- Arkansas executed Kenneth Williams Thursday night — just days before one of the state's execution drugs expires.