Yesterday was one of the very few days this season when it was exciting to be a New York Mets fan. Not only did they win both games of a double-header against the division leading Atlanta Braves, but the winning pitchers were Matt Harvey and Zack Wheeler.
The two young power pitchers are considered among the most promising in Major League Baseball and they proved why at Turner Field yesterday. While Harvey struck out a career high 13 batters and had a no-hitter into the 7th inning, last night’s true star was Wheeler, who earned the win while striking out seven and not allowing a run in his major league debut.
After getting his career off to a hot start, the stud prospect cooled off with a sultry suds-filled shower on the field.
Never has bathing in Budweiser looked so damn good.
10. Welcome to the league, meat.
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.
- British banks got hit hard, and their European peers were hit even harder.
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."