1. Ashley Wagner (Figure Skating)
Who?: The favorite heading into the U.S. Nationals event in Boston earlier this month was chosen for the team despite a fourth-place finish at nationals. You’ll be hearing a lot about her in the coming weeks.
2014 Sochi Games begin Feb. 6 on NBC.
CORRECTION: The original version of this post referred to David Wise as a slopestyle skier. Wise is a halfpipe skier.
CORRECTION: Snowboarder Hannah Teter won gold in the women’s halfpipe in 2006 at the Torino Olympics and silver in the same event at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. The original version of the post had the medals reversed.
- Sean Spicer today said "his intention is never to lie" as White House press secretary, a pledge that came after making false claims this weekend about Trump's inauguration.
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called global gag rule, barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- The new Trump Hotel in Washington, DC, has lost more than $1 million and is in violation of Donald Trump's lease with the government, say Democratic lawmakers.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales once again continued to fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉