This Saturday, Fox Sports 1 will launch across the country with the goal of challenging and perhaps one day overtaking ESPN as the the preeminent sports network. There will be an inevitable learning curve, but as of right now they haven’t had the opportunity to make mistakes and be ridiculed — with the exception of that stupid football robot, Cleatus — so, to help them out, I’ve compiled a bunch of things ESPN has done that FS1 should probably avoid repeating.
3. When they create white Michael Vick.
6. When they give grooming advice.
9. And it doesn’t stop at the website either.
It’s a constant struggle.
To be fair I’ve totally spelled “eligible” wrong before.
12. When their horny broadcasters act all horny…
I’m looking at you, Brent Musburger!
14. Or simply give up.
17. When they forget to switch the picture.
19. When they say a kicker made a field goal the length of six football fields.
20. When they’re accidentally racist.
21. When they “embrace debate.”
24. And of course this.
- The White House defended rolling back Obama-era transgender protections, with Sean Spicer repeatedly insisting it's a "states' rights issue."
- Recreational marijuana needs "greater enforcement" of federal law, said Spicer, pitting the White House against eight states that legalized its use.
- A researcher with Human Rights Watch was denied entry into Israel earlier this week with the country's government calling the human rights organization "propaganda."
- Beyoncé has pulled out of performing at Coachella, citing doctors' advice about keeping a less rigorous schedule while pregnant 🐝😭