1. Always being there to support your best friend's dreams.
2. Looking forward to getting the same platonic card every Valentine's Day.
3. Sharing all your inside jokes about being in a relationship.
4. Being told how good of a friend you are on Facebook — for all the world to see.
5. Getting confused as a couple everywhere you go, only to have your BFF correct those silly strangers.
6. Becoming a human stool so your pal can jam out without getting dirty.
7. Being assured constantly how little they're actually attracted to you.
8. Being OH SO HAPPY when they find their perfect match.
9. Having your bestie assure a journalist in a national publication that you guys are just good buddies.
10. Being reminded how super cool their strong lacrosse-playing, model ivy-league educated boyfriend is.
11. Forever being the "only one that gets them."
12. Having Jenny Hodges make sure you aren't confused by her nice note in your yearbook.
13. Always trying to make them happy!
14. GIVING THEM REALLY THOUGHTFUL GIFTS LIKE FUCKING OLD AWESOME BOOKS AND THEN HAVING SOME REALLY JACKED DUDE WHO CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH GIVE THEM A FUCKING HORSE.
15. Helping out with their SUPER CUTE couples pictures.
16. Basically felling like Doug Funnie — forever.
This post has been updated to emphasize the fact that "the friend zone" is bullshit.