Sports Illustrated revealed the cover of their 50th anniversary swimsuit issue last night on Jimmy Kimmel Live and it came with a huge surprise: Kate Upton wasn’t on the cover. After two years fronting the iconic issue, Upton relinquished her crown to the trio of Nina Agdal, Lily Aldridge, and Chrissy Teigen. And given the teaser pic of her that appeared in 2011, this counts as the first time Upton hasn’t made some kind of appearance on the cover since 2010.
Below is the video where editor M.J. Day surprises Agdal, Aldridge, and Teigen with the news that they made the cover of the 50th anniversary swimsuit issue. Their reactions are priceless.
5. Sports Illustrated’s 50th anniversary swimsuit issue comes out next Tuesday, Feb. 18.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.