Fighting has always been a fundamental part of hockey. It’s an agressive sport and bloodlust has always been ingrained in its culture.
Even to a comical degree.
However, most of the time fights are simply a lot of talk…
And not a lot of fighting.
Apparently this Russian youth hockey league never got that memo…
And took it upon themselves to return the sport to its bare knuckle roots.
12. Watch the right of the frame as some kid flies out of nowhere to aid his teammate.
Where were their parents, you ask? Well, filming all the action, of course!
15. Check out the whole insane video, complete with Russian rap accompaniment:
h/t Sean Newell Deadspin
- A 25-year-old has been identified as the suspected drunk driver who drove a truck into a crowd at Mardi Gras and injured over a dozen.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲
- Tonight at 8:30pm ET, BuzzFeed is celebrating the biggest night in Hollywood, the Oscars, with a live show and tipsy game of bingo 🏆🍹