1. He’s a warrior!
When NBC’s Olympic coverage began this Thursday, Costas was battling a noticeable eye infection that rendered him unable to put in his contact lenses. But Bob wasn’t going to let a measly eye infection stop him from delivering the goods. Why? Because champions play hurt.
6. He knows the right questions and he isn’t afraid to ask them.
7. He has no problem speaking his mind.
Name a controversial topic and Bob Costas has an opinion on it. He’ll let you know. He has spoken out about gun control and the Washington Redskins name change. He doesn’t mind stirring up the conversation and never shies away from controversy.
8. He’s not a robot.
Contrary to popular belief.
9. He was in the cult comedy classic Pootie Tang…
10. And the irreverent sports classic BASEketball.
11. He makes time for photos with the forgotten members of the Backstreet Boys.
12. He found out Ichiro’s favorite — and incredibly vulgar — American phrase.
13. He has the easy good looks of a Kennedy.
14. He narrated the best college football intro of all time.
15. THE HAIR.
If that’s a toupee it’s the greatest damn toupee ever made.
And most importantly…
- Sean Spicer said "his intention is never to lie" as White House press secretary, after making false claims this weekend about Trump's inauguration.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉