DISCLAIMER: This post has absolutely nothing to do with Miguel Herrera’s truly amazing coaching job. Sure, his ability to take over a dysfunctional Mexico team and transforming it into one of the best stories of the World Cup is a great story, but this post is solely dedicated to something EVEN BETTER — celebrating Miguel Herrera — the man.
1. Because this is what his face looks like when he gets excited.
3. He has a productive and respectful relationship with referees.
I’m sure he was simply complimenting the referee’s decision.
5. Because this inexplicable Spanish ska music video featuring Miguel and a cannon.
6. Because this is how he looked in his playing days…
Herrera had a 14-year club career in Mexico and was considered for the 1994 Mexican World Cup team, but lost out on the chance due to his hotheadedness — aka overflowing PASSION.
8. And because he proudly has a framed picture of his glorious mullet.
Yeah, that haircut was not a mistake, he was damn PROUD of his mullet.
10. Because he gives ZERO fucks.
Yeah, both of these GIFs are from the same game — a CONCACAF World Cup qualifier in 1994 against Honduras. He was sent off after this challenge, and dismissed from El Tri soon after — for being a reckless badass who would do anything to win.
11. And he doesn’t take shit from anyone.
12. Because he’s a master of the photobomb.
13. And he looks like a Danny DeVito doppelgänger in this picture with Tom Brady.
14. Because he’s totally metal…
15. And a fearless thrill seeker…
16. Who loves moster trucks…
17. And manning a charcoal grill like a motherfuckin’ boss.
20. In fact, he’s overflowing with so much passion that you never know if he’s laughing, crying, happy, angry, excited, or in extreme pain.
21. Because this beautiful, magnificent man has made this World Cup a lot more fun.
Mexico will face off against Netherlands at 12:00 p.m. on June 29.
- People are melting after a girl shared photos of her pitbull on Twitter in order to speak out against laws banning the animal.