DISCLAIMER: This post has absolutely nothing to do with Miguel Herrera’s truly amazing coaching job. Sure, his ability to take over a dysfunctional Mexico team and transforming it into one of the best stories of the World Cup is a great story, but this post is solely dedicated to something EVEN BETTER — celebrating Miguel Herrera — the man.
1. Because this is what his face looks like when he gets excited.
3. He has a productive and respectful relationship with referees.
I’m sure he was simply complimenting the referee’s decision.
5. Because this inexplicable Spanish ska music video featuring Miguel and a cannon.
6. Because this is how he looked in his playing days…
Herrera had a 14-year club career in Mexico and was considered for the 1994 Mexican World Cup team, but lost out on the chance due to his hotheadedness — aka overflowing PASSION.
8. And because he proudly has a framed picture of his glorious mullet.
Yeah, that haircut was not a mistake, he was damn PROUD of his mullet.
10. Because he gives ZERO fucks.
Yeah, both of these GIFs are from the same game — a CONCACAF World Cup qualifier in 1994 against Honduras. He was sent off after this challenge, and dismissed from El Tri soon after — for being a reckless badass who would do anything to win.