21 Reasons Mexico's Head Coach Should Be Your Favorite Human Being
Forget your family and friends, Miguel Herrera is all you'll ever need.
DISCLAIMER: This post has absolutely nothing to do with Miguel Herrera's truly amazing coaching job. Sure, his ability to take over a dysfunctional Mexico team and transforming it into one of the best stories of the World Cup is a great story, but this post is solely dedicated to something EVEN BETTER — celebrating Miguel Herrera — the man.
1. Because this is what his face looks like when he gets excited.
2. He once celebrated by burying his head in another man's crotch.
3. He has a productive and respectful relationship with referees.
4. Because there is no one happier to be in Brazil.
5. Because this inexplicable Spanish ska music video featuring Miguel and a cannon.
6. Because this is how he looked in his playing days...
Herrera had a 14-year club career in Mexico and was considered for the 1994 Mexican World Cup team, but lost out on the chance due to his hotheadedness — aka overflowing PASSION.
7. Because MULLET.
8. And because he proudly has a framed picture of his glorious mullet.
Yeah, that haircut was not a mistake, he was damn PROUD of his mullet.