In anticipation of this week’s U.S. Open at Merion Golf Club outside Philadelphia, Nike has a released a new commercial featuring Tiger Woods. The 30-second ad is technically for Woods’ new golf shoe — the TW ‘14 — but the message is that golf is more than just a hobby.
2. Tiger is EXACTLY like a world-class sprinter. Look how he tees off right when the gun sounds!
3. Sometimes Tiger JUST misses putts and gets sad, which is totally similar to boxers getting knocked out with a left hook!
4. Remember how all those crazy golf hooligans scream and distract Tiger when he’s trying to putt?
5. Baseball and golf are essentially the same sport, because, um, you hit a ball with a club.
6. My favorite part of golf events is when Tiger allows a mosh pit of fans to storm the 18th green after a victory.
7. Watch the entire strange commercial here:
h/t CBS Sports
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- And people with disabilities are having their photos stolen and Facebook isn't helping them.