Wendy Davis is the Texas state senator who stood and spoke for 11 hours yesterday — and into this morning — in a successful attempt to filibuster a bill regarding abortion in Texas.
Her inspiring performance prompted some people to call her the “LeBron James of Filibustering,” and the title even made its way to her Wikipedia page.
The prank has since been removed, but there is plenty of evidence that supports the idea that she is indeed LeBron’s political equal.
10. So I guess she’s more like “The Michael Jordan of Filibustering.”
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 11 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.