Wendy Davis is the Texas state senator who stood and spoke for 11 hours yesterday — and into this morning — in a successful attempt to filibuster a bill regarding abortion in Texas.
Her inspiring performance prompted some people to call her the “LeBron James of Filibustering,” and the title even made its way to her Wikipedia page.
The prank has since been removed, but there is plenty of evidence that supports the idea that she is indeed LeBron’s political equal.
10. So I guess she’s more like “The Michael Jordan of Filibustering.”
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- President Donald Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻