1. Prior to last night, odds are you had never heard of Spike Albrecht.
2. That’s because he spent most of his freshman season on the bench behind player of the year Trey Burke.
Before last night the 5-foot-11 guard never scored more than 7 points or played more than 15 minutes in a game this season.
5. But with Burke in foul trouble Albrecht became an unlikely hero, scoring 17 points in 28 minutes.
Over the course of the first half Spike Albrecht became a national sensation.
So what does a 20-year-old do with this newfound fame, you ask?
Stay fearless, my friend.
- A newly unearthed Homeland Security report contradicts Donald Trump's travel ban, saying country of origin is not a reliable indicator of terrorism.
- The White House blocked several media outlets it's been critical of, including BuzzFeed, from a closed-door briefing by press secretary Sean Spicer.
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.