1. The competition hasn’t begun yet for U.S. bobsledder Johnny Quinn, but due to a jammed bathroom door, the Pennsylvania native has already become a media sensation.
Quinn has spent the last couple days describing being trapped in his bathroom to just about every news outlet in Sochi. He even reenacted punching through a door for NBC. And when he wasn’t being interviewed, he was interacting with some random celebrities on Twitter, like William Shatner…
5. And Gilbert Gottfried.
But Monday morning, Quinn and two of his teammates got stuck in a place that even he couldn’t break his way out of — an elevator.
The four-man blobsled event doesn’t even begin for another 12 days! So Johnny Quinn should probably stay away from confined spaces for the next week and a half.
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.
- British banks got hit hard, and their European peers were hit even harder.
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."