Near the end of last night’s wild and unpredictable draft ESPN’s Shelley Smith interviewed Doc Rivers, ex-Celtics coach and the newest coach of the Los Angeles Clippers. Smith talked to Rivers for about 30 seconds and asked for comment on the blockbuster trade that sent Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to the Brooklyn Nets. Rivers said it was great for both teams blah blah blah…
But the interview took a much more interesting turn when Smith asked Rivers to comment on ESPN analyst (and famous Boston sports fan) Bill Simmons’ opinion that Rivers quit on the Celtics by leaving.
When the camera focused back on Simmons, the ESPN analyst and Boston superfan questioned the “truth” in highly melodramatic fashion.
9. Bill Simmons in real life.
10. Doc Rivers in real life.
11. Enjoy all the awkward fun in its entirety:
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- A right-leaning nonprofit is planning to place news articles critical of Clinton in black newspapers ahead of the election 📰
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘