This week, reigning National League MVP and King of Pittsburgh, Andrew McCutchen appeared on The Ellen Show because that’s simply what cool people do. He looked very dapper in a jacket that appeared to be inspired by civil war uniforms.
Early in the interview, Ellen asked if he is single at which point he introduced his girlfriend of four years Maria Hanslovan who was sitting in the audience.
The show then cut to a video that appeared to be a highlight film from McCutchen’s incredible year.
Then McCutchen started to narrate the video. He compared hitting a home run to his relationship with his girlfriend, with each base representing a year, as pictures of the couple flashed across the screen.
McCutchen explained that after each home run he tips his cap to her as he crosses home plate.
McCutchen and Degeneres then invited Maria up to the stage and Mr. McCutchen had something important to say.
“I’ve always envisioned that I’d be on the highest mountain in the world and my voice would be as loud as a lion’s roar — times a billion — so the whole world could hear me just tell you how much I love you. I didn’t do any of this for the publicity. I didn’t do any of this for the recognition. I did this to show you that if I could tell the whole world how much I love you, I would do that.”
Of course she said yes and the crowd went wild.
Then McCutchen wore a Pirates top hat and Maria got a nice bouquet of flowers. It was heartwarming and adorable.
19. I definitely didn’t do Cutch and Maria justice so just watch the video:
- The Russian government agrees with Donald Trump's comments that NATO is "obsolete," which the president-elect made during an interview published Sunday.
- BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.
- Eight billionaires — all men — together own as much wealth as the world's poorest 3.7 billion people, a new report has revealed.
- There's a new HBO show called "The Young Pope" and the internet is having fun with it.