1. Meet Cincinnati Reds prospect Billy Hamilton.
2. He’s 22 years old and one of the top players in the minor leagues.
3. But Hamilton has a problem.
4. He’s a kleptomaniac…
Last season he stole 155 of them, to be exact, in only 132 games. He bested the 29-year-old minor league record by ten steals.
7. To put that number in perspective, Mike Trout led the majors last year with merely 49.
8. And the MLB record for stolen bases in a season is 130. It’s held by Ricky Henderson, who needed 149 games to accomplish that feat.
Granted, Henderson faced tougher competition.
9. So ipso facto, Billy Hamilton is basically the fastest man in the world.
Still don’t believe us? Well, that’s why we asked a few people know a thing or two about speed…
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳