1. Meet Cincinnati Reds prospect Billy Hamilton.
2. He’s 22 years old and one of the top players in the minor leagues.
3. But Hamilton has a problem.
4. He’s a kleptomaniac…
Last season he stole 155 of them, to be exact, in only 132 games. He bested the 29-year-old minor league record by ten steals.
7. To put that number in perspective, Mike Trout led the majors last year with merely 49.
8. And the MLB record for stolen bases in a season is 130. It’s held by Ricky Henderson, who needed 149 games to accomplish that feat.
Granted, Henderson faced tougher competition.
9. So ipso facto, Billy Hamilton is basically the fastest man in the world.
Still don’t believe us? Well, that’s why we asked a few people know a thing or two about speed…
- Trump gave a speech in Gettysburg, PA that was billed as a major policy address. He mainly focused on his usual grievances 🔴
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 👌