1. Meet Cincinnati Reds prospect Billy Hamilton.
2. He’s 22 years old and one of the top players in the minor leagues.
3. But Hamilton has a problem.
4. He’s a kleptomaniac…
Last season he stole 155 of them, to be exact, in only 132 games. He bested the 29-year-old minor league record by ten steals.
7. To put that number in perspective, Mike Trout led the majors last year with merely 49.
8. And the MLB record for stolen bases in a season is 130. It’s held by Ricky Henderson, who needed 149 games to accomplish that feat.
Granted, Henderson faced tougher competition.
9. So ipso facto, Billy Hamilton is basically the fastest man in the world.
Still don’t believe us? Well, that’s why we asked a few people know a thing or two about speed…
- The Pentagon will now be able to decide how many of its troops are deployed in the war against ISIS and when they are sent there.
- Texas is suing the federal government for blocking a huge shipment of illegal execution drugs from entering the state 💉
- McDonald's spends big bucks rolling out "premium" menu items like leafy wraps, but data shows its customers just want cheap deals 🍔🍟
- An extraordinary new study claims humans roamed America 130,000 years ago, but fossil experts say don't believe the hype 🤔