Baseball players get injured in a myriad of ways, from running to first base, falling in the clubhouse, and getting mauled in celebrations to simply sleeping on their arm weird. Injuries in baseball are both incredibly common and insanely unpredictable.
2. You could get hit in the nuts with an errant throw on a pick-off move.
3. You could get hit in the head while breaking up a double play.
4. OR you could get hit by skydiver.
That’s minor leaguer Mattingly Romanin on the receiving end of one of the strangest collisions you’ll ever seen on a baseball diamond. The shortstop for the Hannibal Cavemen of the Missouri Prospect League got lit up by a ceremonial skydiver. Romanin survived, but unfortunately his sunglasses did not.
7. Watch the collision here:
- The men who attacked Istanbul's main airport on Tuesday, killing 44 people, were from Russia, Uzbekistan, and Kyrgyzstan.
- During the 2014 Scottish referendum, Trump said independence would be "devastating" for Scotland. Last week he celebrated Brexit.
- A federal judge halted Mississippi's anti-LGBT religious exemption law moments before it was set to go into effect.