1. Any time Bob Kraft mentioned "The Patriots Way."
2. Every time their best player was "the NFL rulebook."
If you're a defensive player you can't come within 15 yards of the quarterback's legs because Tom Brady once hurt his knee. Oh yeah, remember the "Tuck Rule"? Well, that no longer exists, but only after the Patriots won a Super Bowl because of it.
3. When they cheated.
They secretly videotaped opponents' practices. The Patriots were fined $250,000 and lost one first-round draft pick, while Belichick himself was $500,000. This is something that happened. But you'll almost never see a pundit or writer mention "cheating" as a reason the team is so perennially successful.
4. When they acted like they knew something no one else did and signed Tim Tebow.
5. When Tom Brady smirked in this picture with Adriana Lima, who is his wife's co-worker.
6. When Tommy Tissues cried about slipping in the draft.
9. When he celebrated like a fifth-grader.
10. When he wore this:
11. When he said this:
12. When Bob Kraft accused Vladimir Putin of stealing his Super Bowl ring.
13. When Bob Kraft goes out with his actress girlfriend.
Ricki Noel Lander's "acting" credits include "Flight Attendant" in Iron Man and "Model" in the TV show Ugly Betty.
14. When Bob Kraft posed with Pharrell, Bon Jovi, and Jay Z like he was some sort of cool guy.
Mr. Cool Kraft.
15. When Wes Welker made a bunch of smart-ass foot references to make fun of Rex Ryan.
16. When Bill Belichick just couldn't believe the call didn't go his way.
17. When Bill Belichick had a press conference.
Also known as "The Least Exciting Five Minutes in Sports or Anything Else."
18. When someone from the famed Belichick coaching tree got a head coaching job.
19. When Bill Belichick shook hands like this:
20. When you remembered Bill Belichick is a former lacrosse player.
Nothing against lacrosse players, but it's easily America's smuggest sport.
21. When Aaron Hernandez confused being tried for murder for a Comedy Central roast.
Aaron Hernandez may have murdered half the Northeast, but he can still crack a smile!
22. When they celebrated a 2011 victory over the Jets with grace and dignity.
23. When they joked about Red Sox players being short.
They have two World Series titles since your last Super Bowl win, guys. What have you done for Boston lately?
24. When they decided to drop-kick.
25. When they decided to quick-kick.
26. When they made a kicker into a star...an effing kicker.
Adam Vinatieri does have two Super Bowl game-winning kicks and has been arguably the most consistent kicker in the NFL for a decade and a half — not knocking his accomplishments at all. But at the same time, he's a kicker.
27. When Gronk posed shirtless with a porn star wearing his jersey.
28. When Tom Brady appeared in this Uggs commercial and gave a man slippers.
29. When this asshole wore his rings out on the town.
30. And whenever your favorite team had to play them.
And that's the worst thing about the Patriots. No matter how much you want them to get what's coming to them, you have to admit it: They're good, and they're not going away.
CORRECTION: The Patriots franchise was only fined $250,000 and forfeited one first-round draft pick for their involvement in "Spygate," while Bill Belichick was was also fined $500,000 — the NFL maximum.