1. He has the perfect temperament for the position.
2. You can count on him when you need him.
3. Babies trust him.
4. He can have civilized relations with New Yorkers.
5. But always reminds them who's the boss.
6. He's a fun guy.
7. He's good at just about everything.
8. His community outreach programs are always a huge hit.
9. He likes dogs.
10. He'll fight for what's right.
11. He's compassionate.
12. He absolutely loves Boston.
In the aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombing the Red Sox and David Ortiz did their best to help the city heal. His short speech to the Fenway faithful was short, profane and to the point — just like the city he proudly represents.