Yesterday, the Twitterverse EXPLODED with news about Rusty the red panda escaping from the DC National Zoo. He was last seen Sunday at 6 p.m., and located in the nearby neighborhood of Adams Morgan Monday at 2 p.m. For those of you who don’t know me, I am borderline obsessed with red pandas. How could you not be? I mean, just look at their cute little faces. In honor of Rusty and his little voyage, I’ve put together the top 13 reasons red pandas are the best animal to roam the planet, no, UNIVERSE.
3. 1. They’re playful.
Look at ‘em go! Seriously anything can be a play toy. Even an everyday pumpkin.
5. 2. They’re casual athletes.
Ask me if I can do that. (Answer is NO.)
6. 3. They’re great parents.
7. 4. They love hugs.
Can I have one please?
8. 5. They ALSO love KISSES.
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR, THAT IS ADORABLE. New life goal: Eskimo kiss a red panda.
9. 6. They love having lots of red panda friends.
LOOK AT ALL THOSE FRIENDS.
12. 7. They are super crafty.
There is no way on God’s green earth I could possibly make such a crafty jack-o-lantern. Trust me, I’ve tried.
13. 8. They are excellent climbers.
Just ASK me if I’d look a fraction as confident as that little guy if I was on that branch.
14. 9. They are super cute eaters.
15. 10. Their little tongues are hilarious.
LOOK HOW SMALL.
16. 11. They are the only creature (including humans) that are cute when they wink.
I dare you to say you wouldn’t be charmed if this little fella winked at you. I DARE YOU.
17. 12. They are naturals at yoga.
TEACH ME YOUR WAYS, YOGI BEAR.
CUTEST SLEEPERS OF ALL TIME. ALL. TIME.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The Trump administration is rolling back an Obama-era policy aimed at protecting transgender students in public schools.
- An off-duty Los Angeles police officer was caught on cellphone video firing at least one shot during a confrontation with several teens.
- Facebook is in negotiations with the Major League Baseball League to possibly stream one game per week during the 2017 season.