1. Spending more time collecting reference pictures than actually making the cosplay.
2. Having too many cosplay ideas and not enough cons.
3. Hoarding fabric and craft store coupons.
4. Trying to make a last-minute cosplay out of leftover fabric from old cosplays.
5. Underestimating how much a cosplay is going to cost.
6. That amazing moment when you give an in-character greeting to another cosplayer and they have an in-character response.
7. Becoming immune to the pain of hot glue touching your skin.
8. Actually being able to use a sewing machine.
9. Getting weird looks from people who will never understand.
10. Wearing a non-mainstream cosplay and having someone recognize you.
11. The confused and/or scared look you get from your parents when they see your cosplay pictures.
12. The constant fear of your cosplay falling apart on the con floor.
13. Having to carry around large and heavy props.
14. Being super jealous of other cosplayers' amazing looks.
15. And, finally, having an awesome, supportive, crazy group of cosplay friends that you wouldn't trade for the world.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!