2. “I think you need to do your homework well,” Sherawat replied. And then let loose.
3. “Indian society is regressive for women.”
4. “With female feticide, infanticide happening on an almost daily basis; with gang rapes making the headlines of almost every newspaper; with honor killings…”
5. “I think it’s a very, very regressive state for women.”
6. “And I stand by it!”
7. The journalist fought back, saying that by focusing on the state of women, Sherawat was giving India a bad name abroad.
8. “As a woman, I should lie about the state of women that’s in our country? So I didn’t lie. I said the truth.”
9. Watch the whole testy exchange here:
H/T Jerome Taylor
- The FBI will reopen its investigation into Hillary Clinton's private email server after discovering new emails.
- Former employees of Palantir, one of Silicon Valley's most valuable startups, are struggling to cash out of stock options 📉
- Russia has been blocked from serving on the UN Human Rights Council in a surprising vote.
- Here are some of the best Vines to watch before Twitter kills it 💀