2. “I think you need to do your homework well,” Sherawat replied. And then let loose.
3. “Indian society is regressive for women.”
4. “With female feticide, infanticide happening on an almost daily basis; with gang rapes making the headlines of almost every newspaper; with honor killings…”
5. “I think it’s a very, very regressive state for women.”
6. “And I stand by it!”
7. The journalist fought back, saying that by focusing on the state of women, Sherawat was giving India a bad name abroad.
8. “As a woman, I should lie about the state of women that’s in our country? So I didn’t lie. I said the truth.”
9. Watch the whole testy exchange here:
H/T Jerome Taylor
- Congressional Republicans headed home to their districts for recess with only vague details on how they plan to repeal Obamacare.
- President Trump escalated his attacks on the press, saying in a tweet that many media outlets are "the enemy of the American people."
- The woman suspected of poisoning the half-brother of North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un told police she thought it was all a prank 😳
- Want to send nudes without worrying about them ending up in a public forum? Here's how to send them more safely 🙊📸