1. The Winter Olympics in Sochi, a project personally promoted by Vladimir Putin, are just four months away.
2. Time is running out.
A general view of the Olympic village in the mountain ski resort of Rosa Khutor, a venue for the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics, some 40 kilometers (25 miles) east of Sochi.
3. Asphalt is still being laid.
The Olympic Park in the Adler district of Sochi Sept. 23.
4. But not all the asphalt has been laid.
5. The city still has some rough edges.
6. And some upside-down signs.
A view of the Olympic village in the mountain ski resort of Rosa Khutor on Sept. 26.
7. Russia has hired thousands of migrant workers to build the Olympic venues.
Migrant workers lead a sheep in the village of Krasnaya Polyana, a venue for the Sochi 2014 games, on Sept. 21.
8. And works them to the bone.
11. There’s still a lot of work to do.
A surfer walks through storm debris on the beach of the Khosta district of Sochi on Sept. 25.
12. And it’s been a particularly rainy autumn in Sochi, Russia’s only subtropical city.
People on the terrace of a restaurant at the top of Aibga mountain in the ski resort of Rosa Khutor, a Winter Olympics venue outside Sochi.
13. Many still wonder exactly why Russia chose to have its Winter Olympics here.
The city center of Rosa Khutor, an Olympics venue, on Sept. 21.
14. And, most of all, whether all the construction will be done in time.
Lightning flashes in the sky above Sochi’s Adler airport on Sept. 20.
- Donald Trump on Sunday said that his comments about a problem in Sweden were not about an event, but about a Fox News report 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat in the color of Somalia's flag 🇸🇴
- One man scammed his way through New York Fashion week by dressing up as Sisqó — and people really believed him 😩