1. The Winter Olympics in Sochi, a project personally promoted by Vladimir Putin, are just four months away.
2. Time is running out.
A general view of the Olympic village in the mountain ski resort of Rosa Khutor, a venue for the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics, some 40 kilometers (25 miles) east of Sochi.
3. Asphalt is still being laid.
The Olympic Park in the Adler district of Sochi Sept. 23.
4. But not all the asphalt has been laid.
5. The city still has some rough edges.
6. And some upside-down signs.
A view of the Olympic village in the mountain ski resort of Rosa Khutor on Sept. 26.
7. Russia has hired thousands of migrant workers to build the Olympic venues.
Migrant workers lead a sheep in the village of Krasnaya Polyana, a venue for the Sochi 2014 games, on Sept. 21.
8. And works them to the bone.
11. There’s still a lot of work to do.
A surfer walks through storm debris on the beach of the Khosta district of Sochi on Sept. 25.
12. And it’s been a particularly rainy autumn in Sochi, Russia’s only subtropical city.
People on the terrace of a restaurant at the top of Aibga mountain in the ski resort of Rosa Khutor, a Winter Olympics venue outside Sochi.
13. Many still wonder exactly why Russia chose to have its Winter Olympics here.
The city center of Rosa Khutor, an Olympics venue, on Sept. 21.
14. And, most of all, whether all the construction will be done in time.
Lightning flashes in the sky above Sochi’s Adler airport on Sept. 20.
- Politics in France were redrawn Sunday as pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen advanced to a runoff in the country's presidential election 🇫🇷
- US Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Sunday that DREAMers, like "everyone that enters the country unlawfully," are "subject to deportation."
- North Korea has arrested a third American citizen amid a dramatic escalation in tensions with the United States.
- Drag queens, puppies, and Lisa Rinna — BuzzFeed News got a behind the scenes look of "Watch What Happens Live."