1. Last week, Michelle Obama joined the campaign to #BringBackOurGirls, for the hundreds of schoolgirls kidnapped by the Islamist group Boko Haram in Nigeria.
2. The backlash came swiftly, with Twitter users calling out the administration’s policy of using drones around the world.
3. The hashtags were direct — #WeCantBringBackOurDead.
5. Some Photoshopped the sign Michelle Obama was holding in her Instagram pic.
9. Here the Photoshopped image shows a giant picture recently laid out in Pakistan to draw the attention of U.S. drone operators to child victims.
10. This image shows a picture of Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, a 16-year-old U.S. citizen killed in a drone strike in Yemen.
11. A final Photoshopped image shows Malala Yousafzai, the young Pakistani activist who has been active in drawing attention to the Nigerian schoolgirls, holding Photoshopped commentary on the drone strike campaign.
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, prompting praise from pro-Trump unions.
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer dodged multiple questions at today's White House briefing on Donald Trump's false claim that millions voted illegally in the election.
- White supremacist Richard Spencer rented space in Alexandria, Virginia, that he intends to use as a hub for the alt-right, sparking outrage and complaints from neighbors.
- And the 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture are: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," "Hidden Figures," "Hacksaw Ridge," "Manchester by the Sea," "Lion," "Fences," and "Hell or High Water" 🎥 🎬