1. Images of Turkish journalist Hüsna Sarı being hit by a red-colored water canon while covering an anti-government protest in Ankara, Turkey’s capital, have sparked outrage over Turkey’s increasingly heavy-handed crackdown on media and dissent.
2. This video of the incident posted online reportedly shows Sari being hit.
3. Commentators speculated whether Sarı had been targeted. Others questioned the source of the water’s redness, suggesting that it was laced with pepper spray.
4. Protests have targeted Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who is currently battling a corruption scandal, since last spring’s Gezi Park protests, which spiraled into a mass movement for greater government accountability.
- US Republicans are working overnight trying to finalize a deal that'd allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- A top Democrat said there's "more than circumstantial evidence" that Trump's campaign colluded with Russia during the election.
- London police say seven arrests were made in connection to the Parliament attack. At least three people died and 29 others were injured.
- A 4-month-old golden retriever named after Joe Biden got to meet and even lick the former vice president at the Capitol today 🐶❤️