This is Jackie Chamoun, a Lebanese Olympic skier who sparked controversy this week after pictures of her posing barely clothed for a calendar in Austria three years ago surfaced online and ignited sharp criticism from the Lebanese media and government.
The country’s sports and youth minister, Faisal Karami, even asked the head of the Lebanese Olympic Committee to launch an investigation “to take the required steps to [avoid] harming Lebanon’s reputation and international participation.”
Then a call to #StripForJackie went out on Twitter and Facebook, sparking a series of memes that redefine the, uh, naked truth of the story.
9. Even Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, the head of the militant group Hezbollah, made an appearance (not really).
17. While much of the online response has focused on support for Chamoun, the Lebanese government and media have also been the subject of Internet ire for raising the story as a scandal at the start.
- The FBI is investigating after 11 Jewish community centers across the United States received bomb threats on Monday.
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎