1. Syrians raised the blue and yellow Ukrainian flag at a protest against President Bashar al-Assad and Russian President Vladimir Putin in the Douma neighborhood of Damascus on Friday.
2. They waved it alongside the alongside the Syrian opposition flag, like these two boys did.
3. The rally was reportedly against Russian intervention in Ukraine’s Crimea region. With Putin’s backing, Russia has repeatedly blocked United Nations resolutions against Assad and continues to publicly support Assad’s bloody crackdown.
- More than 90 people have died in Indonesia's earthquake, officials say. Thousands of rescuers are being deployed to the hit area.
- Fake news fools most Americans who read it — and Facebook is a major source, a BuzzFeed News survey has found 📰❌
- A refrigerator is being eyed as the possible origin of the fire at an Oakland warehouse party that killed 36 people, a law enforcement official said.
- An adorable 3-year-old boy proudly covered his kitchen with carrots in the greatest carrot heist of all time 😂👏