2. The world famous tower — an iconic part of Berlin’s skyline — has been the site of sit-ins before. Police cordoned off the tower Wednesday and are not allowing visitors up.
4. Some of the refugees participated in protest camps in Berlin in June and July. Others came from other German cities to take part in the action. The group has not indicated how long they will stay.
- Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz will step down at the end of the party's convention amid an email controversy.
- Russia won't be banned from the Rio Olympics but its athletes need to pass new anti-doping tests to compete, the IOC ruled.
- Chris Froome has won the Tour de France. He's the first Brit to win the cycling race three times 🚴