1. Today Al Jazeera used #FreeAJStaff to organize a global day of solidarity with their four journalists imprisoned in Egypt on dubious charges since December.
2. The Al Jazeera journalists are four of many journalists — Egyptian and foreign — who have been imprisoned, harassed, and threatened. AJ has demanded the release of their journalists, but the Egyptian government has continued to renew their detention.
3. Al Jazeera journalists from across the world took part.
6. Journalists and media professionals from all across the world also joined in.
7. Huffington Post
8. BBC News
9. CBS News
16. Washington, D.C.
19. United Kingdom
20. South Africa
- Arkansas has carried out the first double execution since 2000. The state had scheduled 8 executions before a key drug expires.
- "Stealthing," or purposefully removing a condom during sex without consent, has become a new trend. But victims say it is another form of assault.
- The same Russian hackers who interfered in the 2016 US presidential election are now active in German and French politics 💻
- A popular app changed the name of a filter after people complained it whitewashes them. The filter still lightens your skin though 🤔