5. In Sarajevo, the country’s capital, anti-government protestors fought with riot police who used tear gas and water cannons to dispel protestors trying to force their way into governmental buildings, including the presidential headquarters.
6. Around 175 people were reported injured in Sarajevo after Friday’s clashes, including 93 policemen.
9. Protestors have countered that the movement reflects widespread dissatisfaction across generations and Bosnia’s ethnic groups. So far, the protests have largely occurred in the heavily Croat-Muslim half of the country.
12. An estimated 100,000 people died in the Bosnian Civil War that divided the region’s Serbs, Croats, and Muslim Bosniaks. The U.S.-brokered 1995 Dayton Pact ended the civil war and created a decentralized power-sharing system based on ethnic quotas.
13. With memories of the civil war still raw, commentators say that for years Bosnia’s Serbs, Croats, and Muslims have largely tolerated political and economic inertia rather than risk returning to conflict and reopening old wounds.
- Republicans presented Democrats on Tuesday with a spending plan that doesn't include funding for the border wall, stalling one of Trump's most controversial campaign promises.
- Fox News anchor Kelly Wright and 12 other current and former employees are suing the network for racial discrimination and harassment.
- The humanitarian crisis in Venezuela is so bad that people are walking over to Brazil to get the food and medicines they need.
- A 5-year-old girl cosplayed Jyn Erso so she could deliver the Death Star plans to Princess Leia 🙏