2. So far, Typhoon Neoguri appears to be one of Japan’s strongest typhoons in decades.
3. Typhoon Neoguri hit Okinawa, Japan on July 8 with 120 mph winds and 40-foot high waves. More than 50,000 households lost power in Okinawa on Tuesday.
4. Meteorologists predict that Negoguri could reach Tokyo, Japan’s capital, in coming days.
7. Astronauts aboard the International Space Station captured stunning images of Neoguri while orbiting above the typhoon this week.
10. Instagram users shared videos of torrential rains, flooded streets, and roofs strewn with fallen trees and debris.
13. Each year about two to four typhoons hit Japan, though not commonly in July.
- President Donald Trump signed a sweeping executive order that dismantles many Obama era climate change regulations.
- The House voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information like browsing history 💻
- Trump has a habit of taking credit for deals made under Obama. He just did it again with a Ford factory plan from 2015 🤔
- The Scottish parliament has voted for an independence referendum that could result in Scotland leaving the UK.