3. The storm struck close to 5 p.m. Iran time. The worst of the freak weather lasted about 15 minutes.
4. People in cars and the streets scrambled for cover as winds reached up to 70mph, state media reported.
5. Iran is earthquake prone, but today’s unusual dust and wind storm rattled residents.
6. State TV told Iranians to stay indoors after the deadly storm broke. The government deployed 7,000 emergency workers, but reportedly issued no warnings before it struck.
7. Iranians shared Hollywood-esque videos of the storm on (technically banned) social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, and Instagram.
- As a bitter civil war in Yemen shows no signs of stopping, nearly 14 million people are struggling to feed themselves every day.