5. In Belarus, clapping became a subversive act in 2010 and 2011 when police violently suppressed anti-government protests against (still-standing) authoritarian President Alexander Lukashenko.
4. In Egypt, holding up four fingers (often in yellow) has become a symbol of support for ousted president Mohammed Morsi and opposition to the military’s July 2013 takeover.
2. These two fingers are the internationally recognized sign for peace — and a perpetual thorn for non-peace lovers in power.
- White House Press Secretary, Sean Spicer, repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻