4. Then (sorry, ustaz), shit got real.
29. Then there’s that neverending conversation with your parents about your professional goals with Arabic.
Or maybe try this: “Who needs a job? With my broken Arabic plurals I get free dessert at any Middle Eastern restaurant!… Anyway, all my Arabic class friends are now unpaid interns in D.C. think tanks.”
33. And they share that sense of pride when you know trivia questions like what Al Jazeera, Al Shabaab, Qatar, and Latifa (of Queen Latifa) actually mean.
Spoiler: Latifa can mean kind or beautiful, which she is. And who knew they say bismillah in “Bohemian Rhapsody”?
- Authorities removed Dakota Access pipeline protesters blocking roads and camped on private property.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀