4. Then (sorry, ustaz), shit got real.
29. Then there’s that neverending conversation with your parents about your professional goals with Arabic.
Or maybe try this: “Who needs a job? With my broken Arabic plurals I get free dessert at any Middle Eastern restaurant!… Anyway, all my Arabic class friends are now unpaid interns in D.C. think tanks.”
33. And they share that sense of pride when you know trivia questions like what Al Jazeera, Al Shabaab, Qatar, and Latifa (of Queen Latifa) actually mean.
Spoiler: Latifa can mean kind or beautiful, which she is. And who knew they say bismillah in “Bohemian Rhapsody”?
- It's time: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will face off tonight at 9 p.m. ET in the first of three US presidential debates.
- Dozens of children were killed after the Syrian government launched a major offensive in Aleppo over the weekend.
- Ted Cruz said Trump's list of potential Supreme Court nominees spurred his decision to endorse his former opponent.