1. So you've opted for the rickshaw (or tuk tuk, bajaj, or mototaxi, etc, depending on where you roll).
2. Ridiculousness ensues.
3. Traffic is likely terrible.
4. Chances are high it's raining or just rained or could rain again.
5. And, despite your glamorous ways, you want a cheap ride.
6. But for good and bad, rickshaw drivers know no fear.
7. Sidewalks are never a problem.
8. Wimpy water can be tamed.
9. For an exhilarating moment that tiny engine can even outpace any car on the road.
10. The possibilities are (sort of) endless.
11. Then again, your driver may questionably be half your age.
12. Door has a fluid definition.
13. You're expected to engage in some serious haggling with a man driving this.
14. Or pay extra for the VIP service that is this.
15. Of course the very real threat of a collision is never, ever far away.
16. Then there's that soul crushing moment when every driver refuses to take you where you want to go for some inexplicable (or not) reason.
17. Followed by the most maddening rule of all: The driver can loudly blast whatever techno he likes.
18. But defy the rickshaw logic, and you'll likely miss out on some of the world's coolest side streets and sites.
19. Beyond the humdrum of haggling, every rickshaw is in its own ridiculous way unique.
20. With style, the driver is able to (somehow) outmaneuver the craziest of rains, tricky roads, and potholes that those in power always fail to fix.
21. There may not actually be any Wifi.
22. But can your four-wheeler pull off this?
23. Or this?
24. And defy gravity like this?
25. Yep, 100% endorsed by Macklemore.
26. And if you're reading this then you've survived the crazy ride.
27. So, next time, don't forget your selfie.
Former BuzzFeed World Reporter, Current BuzzFeed News Contributor
Contact Miriam Berger at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.