1. There is a "zombie-ant" fungus that can basically do mind control on an ant.
2. It's really hard to differentiate male from female hyenas, since the female have genitalia that looks very similar to a penis.
3. The ancient ancestors of whales used to walk on land — and they were about the size of wolves.
4. Elephants can and will exact revenge.
5. All clownfish are born male and have the ability to switch their sex to become the dominant female of the group.
6. The water bear is the only animal that can survive in space.
7. Some turtles can breathe through their anus.
8. Bonobos, which are an ape species closely related humans, are nearly all bisexual.
9. Snails can sleep for three years.
10. The humpback anglerfish reproduces by having the male bite onto larger females to fertilize their eggs.
11. The Argentine lake duck has a penis that's as long as its body.
12. That tweet you saw about the world's loneliest whale? It's sort of real.
13. The female Komodo dragon can reproduce asexually.
14. Cats only meow at humans.
15. Koala fingerprints are very similar to human fingerprints!
16. The most dangerous animal in Africa is the hippopotamus.
17. The axolotl is the only animal capable of regenerating amputated limbs, organs and injured tissues.
18. There is a type of insect that disguises itself with ant corpses to confuse predators.
19. Chickens are related to dinosaurs!
20. And finally, there's a type of fish parasite that will eat the fish's tongue, and then takes the tongue's place!!!
The more you know!!!
This post was translated from Spanish.